The Apex Legends game needs no introduction on the list of Battlefield games. The game has amassed over 100 million players since its release in February 2019. However, the player seems to report an unexpected error. Code 0x887A0006 – “DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” Appeared when they were playing games. An error is causing the game to crash and it’s frustrating. Today we are here for this reason alone. This article describes this error and how to fix it in a few simple steps. Stick with this article till the end. You won’t go back empty-handed.
Let’s get started!
Causes of Apex Engine Errors
Errors displayed in the game can have multiple causes. I’ll list all possible reasons I could find.
Here are the possible reasons for the errors listed below.
1. Outdated drivers
Apex Legends is a new game just released in 2019. So some older drivers may not run the game smoothly. If you have an older system with an older graphics card, you may be facing the error for the same reason. You can easily update your drivers and all your games, old and new, will start working perfectly again, along with Apex Legends.
2. Some missing files
The problem may also be that some important game files may be missing from your system. This issue can also be caused by some files becoming corrupted over time. Using all the correct files is critical for the game to function properly.
3. Registry settings
It’s also possible that some commands are missing in the Windows registry. This leads to unexpected errors as the command is required to load the graphics for the game.
4. Admin rights
Several elements of Apex Legends require administrator privileges to read sensitive files on your system. Some require “write” permissions. Ignoring this can cause the game to crash randomly.
How to Fix Apex Engine Errors?
Since we already know the possible causes that are crashing the game, let’s move on and talk about how to fix random errors that appear when launching the game. Just follow the instructions and hopefully you’ll get the game running perfectly again.
1. Grant administrator rights
As you know, the game needs certain permissions to read sensitive files in your system. Granting these administrative privileges may resolve the issue. Just follow these simple steps:
- Right-click the Apex Legends game icon and select[ファイルの場所を開く]Click.
- Right click and selectr5apex” select the executable and select ”Properties”.
- Select the “Compatibility” tab
- Click the Run as administrator box and select Apply.
- You can now launch the game to see if the error has been resolved
2. Verification of game files
The error may also occur because some game files may be missing from your system. Follow these steps to check the game files in your system.
- Open Origin and sign in with your account.
- Go to “Game Library” in the left pane
- Within the Game Library tab, right-click Apex Legends and select Repair Game.
- Verification of game files will begin.
- During the verification process, all missing files will be automatically downloaded and corrupted game files in your system will also be deleted.
- Now you can try to launch the game again and see if the error is resolved.
3. Add registry command
It is also possible that certain registry commands are missing from the Windows Registry. Add the missing command to the Windows registry by following these steps:
- On your desktop, right-click anywhere on your screen.
- In the dialog box scroll down to New and from there click Text Document.
- Copy the following command and add it to your text document.
- Windows Registry Editor version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers] “TdrDelay” = hex(b):08,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
- Select the File button in the upper right corner of the window, then select Save As.
- in the fileFile. registerselect the file format as All Files, then click Save
- Find the file you saved and double-click to open it.
- A warning will appear, click Yes.
- You can launch the game again and check for errors.
4. Update your graphics card driver
Apex Legends is a new game and will not work properly with older graphics card drivers. Follow these simple steps to update your graphics card driver:
1. For Nvidia users
- Click the search bar at the bottom of your desktop.
- Search for “Geoforce Experience” and launch the application
- Sign in with your account when prompted, then click[ドライバー]Choose.
- On the driver screen, click “Check for Updates” in the top left of the screen.
- The application will automatically start looking for driver updates.
- If there is an update available, there will be a download option available.
- After you start the download, the update will begin to download.
- When the download is complete, thelimited express” Also “custom“Installation of. If you choose “Express” installation, it will download according to your choice.
- Now you can run the game and see if the error is resolved.
2. For AMD users
- On your desktop, right-click anywhere and select AMD Radeon setting
- Once you arrive at the app, select “Updates” in the lower right corner.
- Select “Check for Updates”.
- If there is a new update available, there is a “new” option available.
- Click on the New option and select Update.
- The installer will start downloading updates and you will need to select “Upgrade” when prompted.
- The installer prepares the packages. Check all checkboxes[インストール]please choose.
- After downloading the new driver, the installation will start automatically.
- Restart your computer and launch the game to check for errors.
5. Underclock your graphics card
You may overclock your graphics card to run at a higher frequency than normal factory settings. You shouldn’t do this as the developers limit the frequency of the graphics card at certain clocks.As it increases, the temperature of the card rises and in some cases unstable of the graphics card. If this happens, try resetting your graphics card to factory settings and launching the game.
We hope you were able to resolve the error issue you are experiencing with your Apex Legends game. All possible reasons for the error are also listed in the article along with steps to resolve the issue. Share the article with your colleagues to spread the knowledge and help them too. Visit the website often to stay up to date with all upcoming articles. You can also drop down your comments on the article in the comments section below. Happy game!
This article was optimized by the SEO Team at Clickworks SEO